Coronavirus effect: Robert Pattinson's The Batman put on hold indefinitely
The 53-year-old filmmaker added that the cast and crew were all "safe for the moment"
Filmmaker Matt Reeves has officially confirmed that the production of Robert Pattinson-starrer The Batman has been paused for the foreseeable future.
After filming for nearly seven weeks in London, Warner Bros on March 14 said it was taking a 'two-week hiatus' due to the outbreak of coronavirus. According to reports, Reeves has now confirmed that the production has been paused with no specific time frame.
"Yes, we have shut down till it is safe for us all to resume," he said in a tweet. The film is set to release in theaters on June 25, 2021. The 53-year-old filmmaker added that the cast and crew were all "safe for the moment".
The movie was put on hold earlier this month as the crisis disrupts the film industry. Filming had initially been relocated from London to Liverpool before being halted. A statement at the time read: "Warner Bros. Pictures feature production of 'The Batman' will be on a two-week hiatus starting today. The studio will continue to monitor the situation closely."