John Abraham's Attack to hit screens on Independence Day weekend
Attack, which was originally announced as an August 2020 release, was delayed due to the coronavirus-induced nationwide lockdown
John Abraham's action film, Attack, is slated to hit the screens on August 13, the makers announced today.
Attack, which is based on a true story of a hostage crisis, also features Jacqueline Fernandez and Rakul Preet Singh. The film is written and helmed by debutant director Lakshya Raj Anand, and it stars Abraham as a lone ranger who leads an attack team during a counter operation.
The film is a joint collaboration between Abraham's production banner JA Entertainment, Jayantilal Gada's Pen Studios and Ajay Kapoor's Kyta Productions.
Speaking about the release, John Abraham said in a statement, "At JA Entertainment, it is our endeavour to push the envelope and produce films that entertain and have something significantly different to show to our increasingly discerning audience. Releasing the film in theatres this Independence weekend adds to my excitement."
Attack, which was originally announced as an August 2020 release, was delayed due to the coronavirus-induced nationwide lockdown.
Jayantilal Gada said that the team's decision to release the film in theatres is an extension of their support to film exhibitors and cinema hall owners who suffered losses last year due to the pandemic. "By planning to bring it to theatres on August 13, we are standing by film exhibitors and theatre owners who have survived a very difficult year during the COVID-19 crisis. John and his production house have conceived a phenomenal film and people will flock to watch it on the big screen," the producer said.
Ajay Kapoor said that Attack chronicles an "engaging and important story," and added that the story will resonate with people more since it is releasing on Independence Day.