Enable Javscript for better performance
Rakshit Shetty to make a 'khakhi' style statement with Avane Srimannarayana- Cinema express

Rakshit Shetty to make a 'khakhi' style statement with Avane Srimannarayana

Rakshit will sport the signature khakhi uniform in this cop film and will don the same costume throughout the movie, even in the songs 

   |   
Published: 06th January 2019

After creating a buzz with Kirik Party, actor-director Rakshit Shetty has kept a low profile. So, every time we hear details about his upcoming film Avane Srimannarayana, we naturally dig deeper. While Rakshit will sport the signature khakhi uniform in this cop film, we’re told that he will don the same costume throughout the movie.

“Except for a short sequence where Rakshit wears a white shirt and dhoti, he will be appearing in the cop avatar even in the songs,” says editor Sachin Ravi, who is making his directorial debut with this film. 

The talkie portions of the film—jointly produced by Pushkar Mallikarjunaiah's Pushkar films and HK Prakash’s Shree Devi Entertainers—are almost done, and the director is presently shooting the song sequences. The period drama, set in the 80s, will have an album consisting of five tracks, including a promotional one. With one song already having been shot, the team will now complete the other songs this month.

“The current track is a semi-duet. It is choreographed by Imran Saradhariya, and lyrics are written by Nagarjuna, one of the writers who is part of the Seven Odds team. He has the written the lyrics for three songs,” the director says.

The Kannada film will simultaneously be dubbed and released in four other languages, and the makers are putting together a team for the dubbing process, by bringing in the right dubbing artistes and professional writers for each language. Auditions are underway to finalise the dubbing artistes. 

“With the film mostly shot in huge sets, visual effects plays a major role. The VFX is being done at Pinaka studio in Bengaluru,” says Sachin, who has a background in visual media. The team, consisting of 20 members, is currently working on the visual effects and will make use of 3D technology. “We will be doing 90 per cent of the job here, while the remaining 10 per cent will be outsourced because of time constraints.”

Related Articles

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

Poll
TimeTravelFilmsinTamil

Which is your favourite time travel film in Tamil?

Result
Dikkiloona
24
Indru Netru Naalai
Trending