There is no footage of the night, it was re-created: Director Shiv Rawail on The Railway Men

The series premiered on Netflix on November 18 last year
There is no footage of the night, it was re-created: Director Shiv Rawail on The Railway Men

The Railway Men director Shiv Rawail recently revealed in a video released by Yash Raj Films that there is no imagery or footage from the night of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy. He said that everything depicted in the series had to be re-created and re-imagined. It starred R. Madhavan, Kay Kay Menon, Divyenndu and Babil Khan in lead roles. It was backed by Yash Raj Films.

Speaking about it, Shiv said, “When we were doing the research, we realised there is no imagery or footage of the night. So, everything had to be recreated by us. We had to make it believable for everyone.

He added, “First, we wrote the film script, which was like 130-140 pages. Then we were like if we have to make it into a feature film, we would have to remove a lot of elements.”

That’s when they decided to make it as a series. He said, “Adi Sir (Aditya Chopra), Ayush Gupta (Writer) and me found ourselves losing things we really loved. Then Adi sir suggested why don't we do this as a show. And there it was, YRF was looking to step into streaming.”

The Railway Men premiered on Netflix on November 18 last year.

Related Stories

No stories found.
X
Cinema Express
www.cinemaexpress.com