Enable Javscript for better performance
Vikram-Pa Ranjith film to go on floors soon?- Cinema express

Vikram-Pa Ranjith film to go on floors soon?

Produced by KE Gnanavelraja, the film is billed as a period drama

Published: 12th October 2022
Vikram and Pa Ranjith

Actor Vikram is currently basking in the glory of all the praises he has been receiving for his performance in the recently released Ponniyin Selvan 1. Meanwhile, the latest reports suggest that the actor will commence shooting for his next film with director Pa Ranjith on October 14. The project is tentatively titled Chiyaan 61. The makers reportedly began the test shoot for the film on Wednesday. However, an official announcement about the development is yet to be made.

Bankrolled by KE Gnanavelraja under the Studio Green banner in association with Neelam Productions, the film will mark the maiden collaboration of the director with the actor. Chiyaan 61 is billed as a period drama set in the 19th century against the backdrop of Kolar Gold Fields in Karnataka. The film has music by GV Prakash.

Related Articles


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.


As superstar's Baba is gearing up for a re release, what other Rajini film would you like to see on the big screen again?