SP Charan: Give us time to recover from the loss, stop spreading rumours
SP Charan and the doctors of MGM Hospital spoke to the press, refuting rumours surrounding the death of singer SP Balasubrahmanyam
Ever since singer SP Balasubrahmanyam was admitted in the hospital for coronavirus treatment, rumours about his health had been flooding the internet, and the number of such hearsays and conspiracy theories have increased several fold after his death on September 25.
Some such rumours stated that SP Charan struggled financially to pay the bill, that SPB's death timing was wrong, and that the hospital charged exorbitantly. These were making the rounds on social media. Now, Charan has finally put an end to all such baseless speculations.
In a press meet, Charan and the doctors of MGM answered many questions and refuted these speculations. Charan said such frivolous rumours are causing a lot of stress and unhappiness to his family members who are yet to recover from the terrible loss.
"Without respite, there are constant rumours about my dad's death and that's devastating. But MGM hospital, its doctors and nurses are like family to us. My family will stand by them and they will do the same to us," he said.
He added, "I have been paying a certain amount to the hospital every week and the insurance has also covered a portion of the expense. In the end, when I asked if there was anything to settle, the management didn't charge anything. They took care of my dad and our family with the utmost care and going to the hospital was like going home."
Charan revealed that he has plans for a memorial for his dad and is working on it. "Meanwhile, many fans are coming from abroad to pay their last respects to dad, and I am currently working with the officials to make arrangements for the same," he said.
When asked why actor Ajith Kumar neither made any statements nor visited the funeral, SP Charan said, "How does it matter? He might have had concern for his safety which is totally fine. He might even call me on the phone... That should not be a matter of concern here. SPB is no more in the world. We are yet to get over that."
SP Balasubrahmanyam tested positive for COVID-19 and was admitted to MGM Hospital, Chennai, on August 5. Initially, he showed only mild symptoms but later was moved to the ICU ward as his condition deteriorated. On September 7, the singer tested negative for coronavirus and started showing improvement in health. However, due to the onset of a severe infection, he breathed his last on September 25.