Enable Javscript for better performance
#RajinikanthPoliticalEntry: Eight key things Superstar said in the press meet- Cinema express

#RajinikanthPoliticalEntry: Eight key things Superstar said in the press meet

Superstar Rajinikanth met the press today and spoke about his political entry

   |   
Published: 12th March 2020
Rajinikanth political entry

Back in 2017, Rajinikanth assured his fans that he will be making his political entry, and in the past three years, the actor has remained silent about this. His silence, even as Rajinikanth stayed busy acting in movies, led to many criticisms. Now, to clear some rumours and to reassure his fans about his decision, the 71-year-old actor met the press today. 

Here are some of the key points from the meet:

The first step is to change the political scenario: Rajinikanth quoted what he said back in 2017. He reiterated that the system is broken and has to be fixed. He said that you can’t make ‘sakkarai pongal’ without cleaning the vessels with which ‘meen kuzhambu’ was made.

The three plans: Rajinikanth announced that he has three plans that would bring about the change he has envisioned. The first one is to have only the vital posts in the party and remove unnecessary ones, which would help fight corruption as the party won’t be in a position to satisfy all its members.

The Second remedy: “In India, mostly people above the age of 55 hold political posts. There are few youngsters below that age. This should change,” Rajinikanth said. The Tamil actor wants about 60% of his candidates to be young and have a decent education. The remaining 40% of his candidates would be retired IAS officers, judges, and good people from other parties, who were not given chances and are willing to join him.

Not going to be the CM candidate: His third plan is perhaps the highlight of the event. Rajinikanth said that he will not be the CM candidate of his party. The Superstar proposed that his model will have a leader for his party and a leader who will govern the state.

The party and the government: Explaining his third plan, he said, “I will be the leader of the party and we will select the most honest and talented person who will be elected to be the CM candidate (it could be a woman as well). The party members will not be allowed to disturb the members who are governing the state.”

Good leader vs Bad leader: Rajinikanth acknowledges that his third plan might not go down well with his fans, who would want him to be the CM. But according to him, “a good leader is who makes his followers listen to him, not the one who listens to his followers.”

I was never after power: Rajinikanth played a clip from his 2017 press meet, where he declares that he would have come to politics back in 1996 if he had been after power. He said, “I have never imagined myself as a Chief Minister. And I have never wished to become that. People of Tamil Nadu knew that even back in 1996.”

True democracy is my dream: “I am not entering politics for power or money or political posts. My dream is to make a corruption-free Tamil Nadu and I hope Tamil people will understand my intentions and will support me. Jai Hind!”

Related Articles

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

Poll
TimeTravelFilmsinTamil

Which is your favourite time travel film in Tamil?

Result
Dikkiloona
24
Indru Netru Naalai
Trending